CONCERNING THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
THE BIBLE SAYS…
Compiled by Daniel L. Wakefield
· Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
· Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
· Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
· John 1:1-4,14,18 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men…14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth… 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
· John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
· Romans 1:3-4 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
· Philipians 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: …9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
· Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
· Hebrews 1:2-4,8 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they…8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
· Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.