CONCERNING DIVINE NEARNESS
THE BIBLE SAYS
Compiled by Daniel L. Wakefield
· Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my
right hand, I shall not be moved.
· Psalm 139:1-10 O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
· Psalm 145:18 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that
call upon him in truth.
· Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
· Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
· Jeremiah 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
· Matthew 18:20 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
· Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen
· Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after
him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
· Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be
content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor
forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear
what man shall do unto me.