THE BIBLE SAYS
Compiled by Daniel L. Wakefield
15:1 Then sang Moses
and the children of
II Chonicles 20:21-22 And
when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and
that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army,
and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever. And when they began to sing and to praise,
the Lord set ambushments against the children of
· Psalm 33:2-3 Praise the Lord with the harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
· Psalm 150:3-5 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
· Isaiah 30:29 Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Lord, to the mighty One of Israel.
· Matthew 26:30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. (Also Mark 14:26)
· Acts 16:25-26 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.
· I Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
· Ephesians 5:18-19 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; (also Colossians 3:16)
· James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms.