CONCERNING POLITICS AND THE CHRISTIAN
THE BIBLE SAYS…
Compiled by Daniel L. Wakefield
· 2 Chronicles If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
· Psalm 144:15 Happy are the people who are in such a state; Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!
· Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.
· Psalm 75:6-7 For exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the Judge: He puts down one, and exalts another.
· Daniel And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
· Matthew They said to Him, "Caesar's." And He said to them, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
· Acts But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men. (1 Kings -18, Daniel 3:16-18)
· Acts -27 And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said to the centurion who stood by, "Is it lawful for you to scourge a man who is a Roman, and uncondemned?" 26When the centurion heard that, he went and told the commander, saying, "Take care what you do, for this man is a Roman." 27Then the commander came and said to him, "Tell me, are you a Roman?" He said, "Yes." (Acts 25:11-12)
· Romans 13:1-7 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake. 6For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
· Philippians For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ