THE BIBLE SAYS
Compiled by Daniel L. Wakefield
· II Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever…
when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments
against the children of
· Psalm 34:1-3 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof , and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
· Psalm 48:1 Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
· Psalm 113:1-3 Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord’s name is to be praised.
· Psalm 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
· Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
· Psalm 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
· Luke 2:13-14, 20 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men…20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them
· Acts 16:25-26 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bands were loosed.
· Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.